Holiday Bookings – Terms and conditions
1. Please read these conditions carefully. In making a booking you warrant that you are 21 years of age or over and have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Terms Your contract will be with “the Company”, Rosneath Castle Park (Co. Reg. No. SC165445), the owner of the accommodation. The contract is subject to Scottish law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts within England and Wales. All terms are either per week (Saturday to Saturday) or per short break (start date Monday or Friday) for the accommodation as equipped and described.
3. The usual check-in time is 3.00pm (subject to unavoidable delays). We ask that you vacate your accommodation by 10.00am on your day of departure. Guests arriving early are welcome to check in and enjoy the Park facilities until their accommodation is ready. If you expect to arrive after 6.00pm please let the Park know to arrange key collection. For non-arrivals unless the Park is previously notified, accommodation unclaimed by 12.00pm on the day following your holiday start date will be treated as a cancelled booking and the accommodation may be re-let. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition and you are responsible for any damage done or loss sustained during your stay.
4. Our prices and charges shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend the VAT element of our pricing in the event of any government changes in VAT. Additional supplements may apply such as cots, pets etc. We guarantee that once you have made your booking and paid a deposit we will not increase your holiday price unless you make a change to your booking.
5. We reserve the right to alter prices in our brochure or on the website, which may go up or down. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. The terms and conditions for bookings may change from time to time. Please check at the time of booking.
6. Making a Booking – Conditions of Booking
The Holiday Contract
• The person who books the holiday by telephone, Internet or travel agent will be accepting the booking conditions on behalf of the holiday party. A contract between you and Rosneath Castle Park will come into existence.
• If you have made your booking by telephone. We will tell you on the telephone and give you a booking reference number.
• If you have booked online over the Internet. We will tell you over the Internet that your booking is confirmed by giving a booking reference number. You will also receive emails confirming your reservation, payment success and completion of your booking.
• The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
• We reserve the right to decline or terminate the booking of any guest(s) whose party make-up or behaviour interferes or may interfere with the general comfort of other guests. In this event no refunds will be made.
• We are unable to accept large group bookings without prior permission from the parks general manager.
Use of your holiday home
• Only those people listed on the booking can occupy your accommodation and use the facilities of the Park. If this legal requirement is not met, your booking will be terminated and you will be asked to leave, with no refund made.
• As per government legislation it is illegal to smoke inside enclosed public buildings in England, Wales and Scotland. Outside smoking areas will be provided. All our accommodation is non-smoking but we cannot guarantee smoke free accommodation, or any holiday home to be allergy free.
7. Number in Your Party The total number in your party must not exceed the capacity of the accommodation as advertised by us.
8. Payment when you book you must pay the applicable deposit requested. Payment can be made in full or by deposit to secure your holiday booking.
Deposits will only be taken up to 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday. Full balance payment for your holiday is due no later than 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A balance reminder will be sent to you 10 weeks prior to payment due. Please keep your final confirmation safe as you must present this on arrival at your Park. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full at the time of booking. Please note that payments made by Credit Card are subject to a handling charge of 1.5%. At present there is no charge for Debit Cards. If a cheque is returned “unpaid” by the bank we will make a charge of £15.
9. Changes by You Once a booking has been confirmed by us, should you require it to be amended or re-invoiced then, if we accept this change, an administration fee of £20.00 incl. VAT will be charged. Up to 8 weeks before your holiday start date you may change your accommodation to another one at the same park as your original booking and within the same calendar year, subject to availability and payment of the above fee and any outstanding difference in price. You may transfer your booking to someone else/another party (introduced by you) at any time providing that you pay the administration fee and any outstanding balance. Bookings may not be transferred to other parties after we have received notification of cancellation.
10. Cancellation by You It may be necessary to cancel your holiday due to illness, accident or change of circumstances. If you have taken out our cancellation plan, payments arising from cancellation may be covered as detailed below.
As soon as you know you need to cancel, you must confirm the cancellation by writing to our Customer Services Team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by letter to the address; Customer Services Bridge Leisure Management Ltd, 31-32 Shenley Pavilions, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes MK5 6LB.
The letter/email must be signed (where possible) by the person who made the booking or their travel agent. If you have not taken out our cancellation plan, cancellation charges are calculated as per the table below.
If you have not arrived by 8am on the morning after your break was due to commence or contacted the Park concerned to confirm when you will arrive, we will assume that the break is cancelled and the total holiday cost including the Cancellation Plan, fees and postal charge will be forfeited.
Length of time Cancellation charge
70 days or more Deposit* plus fees
43-69 days 30% of holiday cost*
29-42 days 50% of holiday cost*
8-28 days 90% of holiday cost*
7 days or less 100% of holiday cost*
*Plus Cancellation Plan premium, fees and postal charge.
^ Or £50 deposit, whichever is the greater value.
When making a booking you will be offered the option to take out our Cancellation Protection Plan which cover’s you and your holiday party. We have two types of protection plan;
Provides you with complete peace of mind and allows you to cancel your holiday up to 8 weeks before your holiday start date regardless of the reason, you can simply just change your mind. Premium plan also gives you the cover as outlined in the Standard Plan below:
£35.00 per caravan per week or part week
Our Standard cancellation protection plan covers you should you, or any other member of your party, be forced to cancel your holiday because of sickness, bereavement, redundancy or jury service.
£15.00 per caravan per week or part week
We will need written proof of your cancellation, this will need to be as follows:
Sickness – Doctors Certificate
Redundancy – Formal notification
Jury Service – Court notification
Bereavement – Death Certificate
Customers covered by our Cancellation Plans and complying with these conditions will be entitled to the following (less a £25.00 administration fee and the cancellation plan fee):
42 days or more before the holiday start date – Full refund of total fund received.
41 – 15 days before the holiday start date – 75% of total sums received will be refunded
14 days or less before the holiday start date – 50% of total sums received will be refunded
Please note: Our cancellation scheme covers you until you arrive on site after which refunds cannot be given if, for any reason, you decide you leave early. You may wish to take out your own holiday insurance to cover this. Completion of our Cancellation Form and Proof will be required, by recorded delivery prior to the confirmed start date of your holiday. Please see the cancellation plan for details on how to request a refund under the plan.
If the Cancellation Plan is not taken out at the time of booking, we recommend you make your own arrangements Please note the sliding scale of monies payable, under Conditions of Booking, should you not participate in the Cancellation Plan.
11. Cancellation by Us We always endeavour not to change the date or cancel your booking, but in exceptional circumstances this may be necessary. We will inform you of the change of date or cancellation as soon as possible and give you the following options:
a. accept the alternative arrangements as notified to you
b. choose another available break from us at the advertised price
c. cancel your holiday with a full refund of any money you have paid.
We do not pay compensation in circumstances where we have to cancel your booking including those arising from *force majeure.
*Force majeure means circumstances beyond our control including (but not limited to) industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, bad weather and acts of government.
12. Brochure and Website Accuracy We have taken care to ensure the accuracy at the time of publication of our brochure and continuously with the website, however information and prices may have changed by the time you book. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and the facilities and their description, as we are always looking for ways to make improvements. Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the details shown in the brochure and on the website are correct we cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or the results thereof.
Photographs are taken at our Park and are intended for guidance only. Certain images are representative rather than actual images of attractions and facilities. Layout plans are for illustrative purposes only.
Please note times to beach, railways and bus stops are approximate and services for these may vary or be limited.
Pricing errors can occasionally be made, if you happen to spot an error we are under no obligation to honour this price.
No party shall be allowed to reproduce any of the contents of this website (including photographs) without written permission of Rosneath Castle Park or any other copyright owner.
Rosneath Castle Park do not enter into any contract based on the content of this website.
13. Linen and Towels In our accommodation, except for cots, bed linen is provided. This may be duvets or blankets and sheets.
14. Entertainment, Activities and Facilities We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control. Opening times may be limited outside the main holiday season. Certain facilities and activities are subject to an additional cost. Certain facilities have age restrictions. Some facilities may be restricted to peak periods only, please check at the time of booking. Payment for use of these facilities can be made at the Park Reception on request. In accordance with UK licensing laws, we can only sell alcohol to persons aged 18 or over. We may require you to show proof of age using an approved form of identification such as a passport, photo driving licence or a valid proof of age card. Some venues have age restrictions covering certain times. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all members of their party participating in any watersports are able to swim competently and agreed to abide by such safety regulations as the company deem advisable.
15. Unreasonable Behaviour For the convenience of our guests, we reserve the right to terminate the party’s holiday without compensation or refund, where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons in the holiday party might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests, our team members or staff. This may include but is not limited to verbal or physical abuse, and will be at the management’s discretion.
16. Damage to the Accommodation You are liable for any damage caused in the accommodation during the period of hire and may be charged for it. We retain the right to enter the accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise, for example if repairs need to be carried out. All guests are expected to treat our holiday accommodation and park facilities with care so that others may continue to enjoy them. Any accidental damage must be reported to Reception immediately, so that we can make the necessary repair or replacement. Accommodation will be inspected at the end of a stay.
17. Wheelchair/Disabled Persons We aim to make our holidays and facilities available and accessible for all although many park locations and much of our accommodation is unsuitable for visitors with mobility issues. Please discuss your requirements with us in detail before making your booking to ensure that a holiday with us meets your needs and expectations.
18. Special Requests e.g. for adjacent or specific accommodation These cannot be guaranteed but every effort will be made to satisfy them. When booking on-line, you will be allocated the first available accommodation unit. Any special requests or requirements must be organised through our Reception team on park. If you book on-line and want to make a special request after the event you will be charged a £20.00 administration fee.
19. Cots and High Chairs These are available, on request at the time of booking. Please note that you will need to bring your own cot linen.
20. Pets We welcome well-trained dogs in selected accommodation at our Parks but dogs that are specified in the Dangerous Dogs Act are not permitted. This includes all breeds of Pit Bulls, Rottweiler, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro even where these types of dog are muzzled. We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered disruptive or affecting the comfort of guests to remove it from the Park. Other pets may be permitted at our discretion. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet at the time of making your booking. A maximum of 2 dogs will be allowed with each booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) do not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere on the Park. They must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Pets are not allowed in the Castle Isle restaurant and bar.
21. Smoking Smoking is not permitted in any of our public facilities. Smoking is not permitted in any of our holiday homes.
22. Your Vehicles Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever. Speed limits in force on the Park must be followed for the safety of all our guests.
23. Local attractions We accept no responsibility for information relating to local attractions, including details of distances, timings and activities. We provide this in good faith for information purposes only but make no recommendations in respect of any attraction, have not verified that the listed details are accurate or up-to-date and accept no responsibility for any reliance by you on them. You must make your own arrangements (including, where appropriate, having any necessary insurance in place) regarding the attractions with the operators and local tourist board information centres. Where we list attractions on this website we do not do so as an agent for the owner or operator of any attractions and so have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you whether in contract or negligence as a result of any reliance on the information contained herein, or for any loss or damage suffered by you in visiting or purchasing any ticket for any such attraction.
24. Comments or Concerns We will do everything possible to provide you with an acceptable standard of accommodation. However, if there is a problem please report it immediately to Guest Services so that remedial action, as appropriate, will be taken. We will use our best endeavours to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. If we are unable to resolve the problem we may move you to an alternative unit in a similar or upgraded category, if available. If, at the end of your holiday, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, please write to the Holiday Sales Manager within 28 days of your return. You will then receive acknowledgement allowing us 14 days to investigate. The Company cannot accept any liability in relation to any shortcomings or claim of whatever nature if you fail to notify us of any complaint during your holiday allowing us the opportunity to resolve any issues to your satisfaction whilst you are with us.
25. Liability Neither we nor our employees or agents accept liability for any personal injury, loss or damage which may be sustained by you or any other members of your party except where it arises from the negligence or wilful default of us, our employees or agents. For all claims other than death or personal injury, which result from the non-performance or improper performance of our contract, we may compensate you through either monetary payment or offer you a reduced or complimentary holiday break. No compensation will be payable unless matters have been reported in line with our complaints procedure as set out in paragraph 27 above. Where alternative accommodation has been offered and refused we reserve the right not to make any further compensatory offers.
26. Data Protection Policy We will use the personal information that you provide to process your booking and provide you with your holiday and for internal statistical, market research and recording purposes. We may also need to pass your information to third party service providers such as insurance companies and travel providers. We will only correspond with the lead customer on the booking. It is your responsibility to inform all other members of your party what information about them you are providing to us, and what we will use it for. Your Data Controller is Bridge Leisure Management Limited. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us on written request to the Data Protection Administrator, Bridge Leisure Parks Limited, Near Helensburgh Argyll G84 0QS. We have CCTV cameras at some locations at our holiday Parks for crime prevention and safety reasons.
27. Marketing We will hold your information, where collected by us, and may use it to provide you with holiday, sales or special offer information. If you do not wish to receive such information in the future please write to us at the address above. We will not pass on your information to third parties for marketing use without your permission.
28. Cookies A cookie is a piece of text, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, your browser adds that text in a small file. A cookie helps analyse web traffic or logs when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customers’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Denial of a traffic log cookie should not prevent you from using this site.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can visit all pages of this site without cookies, however, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of www.ashbourne-heights.co.uk useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you are using a shared computer and you choose to leave cookies turned on, be sure to log yourself and your details off when you finish using a shared computer.
All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions and availability.